Sunday, February 8, 2009

Feedback

Feedback is an important aspect in students learning. From my own experiences I learned the best and stayed on task the most when i received positive feedback. An example of positive feedback is when a teacher compliments a student on how well he or she is doing at a specific task. Neutral feedback points out something the student does well and then gives him or her something they can work on to do correctly. Finally, negative feedback does not point out anything done correctly and focuses on what the student has not done correctly. People typically view negative feedback as being rude and belittling a student but I see otherwise. Not all students are going to respond to positive feedback and not everyone learns the same. Its up to the teacher to get to know their students and find out what feedback works for each individual student.

In regards to my lesson I did not provide my class with any feedback. It is something I am now aware of that I have to address and I am going to make a conscious effort to reach at least 50% of my class with feedback from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment