Thursday, February 5, 2009

Can you hear me now? Good!

After listening to what I said for my first lesson and writing a transcript I have a totally different opinion on how I performed. This maybe because I paid closer attention or it maybe because I have learned so much on what to do and not to do in the few weeks we have had class. Or it could be a mixture of both. First thing I failed to address was a proper introduction, I did not introduce myself to the class and I wasn't that excited or enthusiastic. In the beginning I noticed I said "uhhh" a few times. That will be filtered out as I get the opportunity to plan out a lesson and not feel nervous. When teaching my lesson I didn't have cues that could be remembered by the class or instructions that were totally clear. Another thing I noticed that I did while watching again, that I cant do when I teach the next time, is practice with the students. This puts my back to most of the students and I should be going around giving feedback. There are a lot of things I would have done and said differently having been in class and learning how to become a better teacher. It is amazing how much I have learned in the beginning of this semester! I look forward to taking what I have learned so far and use it in my lesson!

Not sure on how to make the words in the text a link so I'm going to just post the link. http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dc864xng_0fdqtk3f5

No comments:

Post a Comment